Oct 29, 2007
01. Moby Grape – Sitting By The Window
Moby Grape (Sundazed Music Inc, 1967)
02. The Hollies – Elevated Observations?
03. Bert Jansch – The Bright New Year
Birthday Blues (Castle Music UK, 1969)
04. Chuck Berry – Havana Moon (wiki)
The Definitive Collection (Chess, 2006)
05. Bo Diddley – You Can’t Judge A Book By The Cover (wiki)
Bo Diddley (Checker, 1962)
06. Flat Earth Society – The Lost – incidental music to “Space Kids”
note: This is a follow up for ‘The Future Shine‘ list. That music influence, albeit has origin, is not as easy to track. The late 60′s was the time when British folks influence entered rock and altered the shape of basic rockabilly . Lyrics form and subject broadened and the use of acoustic was not just for simple solo sound. Chuck Berry even tries some latin form. And then there is Bo Diddley with his unconventional rock rhythm for his time, which makes his work timeless. And of course everybody was doing blues black or white, folks or rocker. It was part of menu that everybody had to do. Rock suddenly was more than Elvis. That was the blend that enters psychedelia . I am fro the school of mix and match. If it hasn’t been tried before, time to blend and stretch it. Make it rock.