“It’s what you all been waitin’ for ain’t it? They can’t stand it, they want something new. So let’s get re-acquainted.”
~~ || ~~
Mid-Air Tape Loop Dance Party
(Tape Loop EP/ 2008)
Prefuse 73 Pagina Dos
(Prefuse 73 Reads the Books E.P./ 2005)
Mid-Air Complex Admittance
RJD2 Chicken-Bone Circuit
(Dead Ringer/ 2002)
Mid-Air Mirror Mirror
Daedelus Pursed Lips Reply
Mid-Air A Thousand Atomic Fireballs
Note(s): So there’s been some feigning for new, fresh tracks. Jungle is a tough MdM beat to make work, but with enough tenacity the rewards outweigh the struggle. Mid-Air takes jungle back to the roots and doesn’t let the “electronic” aspect of the genre overshadow the organic foundational focus of the sub-genre. Chris Harbach’s contribution to the greater jungle is a product that finds its roots in an urban experimental sound, works its way up through a solid trunk of jazz/hip-hop/funk, and branches off touching upon ambient, acid, trip-hop, and “electronica”, the fruits of which are best savored chilled and — even in the midst of the gritty and grainy samples — fresh. Essentially, as one put it, Mid-Air is “Too fast, too slow, too noisy, too melodic, too old skool, and way too ahead of his time,” (in all the right ways); that, as always, is for you to decide. So, intertwined with the linchpin artist’s works are a few third-party complementary sounds to guide you through the sonic landscape. Enjoi.
Photo Credit: Eugenio Recuenco
Mid-Air: MySpace, Official Site
When Alexander the Great offered him to do everything he would have desired, Diogen replied: “Yes, you can do something for me. Move from there, you make shadow on me.”
01. Lamb – Trans Fatty Acid (Kruder & Dorfmeister Mix)
(Dj Kicks, 1996)
02. Tosca – Rondo Acapricio
03. Tosca – Busenfreund
(Suzuki In Dub, 2002)
04. Tosca – John Lee Hubber
05. Ralph Myerz – Think Twice
(Your new best friend, 2008)
06. The Egg – Funky Dube
note: thank you
- My attraction was hard to explain—she was so artistically driven, so demure and yet so bold, and those swimming eyes! I was lost in soul-to-soul contact. I checked her out of the library again and again, but when the summer came I found I needed her more than ever. I had to take her home with me. Anaïs. I bought all her diaries—the boxed set—a huge investment. By the time I went back to college in the fall and moved into a beautiful old half-wrecked farmhouse off campus, I was soaked in the oils of my own manufactured delirium. – Louise Erdrich, The Reptile Garden
” Paris Dance 2008 ”
01. Stars - This Charming Man
Unmixed, Unmastered, Unsequenced (1999)
02. Marvin Gaye – Sexual Healing (Dj Doc Rok Bmore Remix) (myspace)
(net release, 2008)
03. The Ting Tings – That’s Not My Name
We Started Nothing (2008)
04. Miss Soller – La belle et le bad boy
(anybody know where this come from?)
05. Amy Winehouse – Rehab (Hot Chip Remix)
Rehab (Hot Chip Remix) – Single (2008)
06. Radio 4 – Dance To The Underground
Dance To The Underground EP (Gern Blandsten, 2001)
07. Skindive - Tranquilizer
Skindive (Palm Pictures, 2001)
08. Mark Ronson Feat Lily Allen – Oh My God (Chris Lake Remix)
09. Sébastien Tellier - Divine (Danger Remix)
Sexuality (Record Makers, 2008)
note: This is really a simple summer hip-hop. Mostly euro mix I found in french blog. (hence french edition) What is it with parisians and electro? Whatever it is, this one is a mellow summer beat. I think it’s passable and fun.
PS. The server issue is not quite resolved. We need to save bandwidth guys. quit clicking the “stream button” a million times. download it just once. Also use the RSS feed.
see also: Italian edition.
image: Squint october 2007, Alexandra Carr.
The sinners stand as though enchanted, their faces lifted. A path has opened in the darkness, a promise has been made, evidence has been presented: all will be saved, no explanations necessary—the magical dark-blue abyss, raised above us by nameless artists, speaks for itself, sings in a wordless language. The blue flows down toward the garlands of fruit and leaves.… Everything disappears, but again and again the lights flash on, the fête is endless, and any minute now the angels will begin to sing. Let there be light! – Tatyana Tolstaya, See the Other Side
” Three Summer list. No.1. Melodrama ”
01. Antonio Vivaldi – Il Bajazet (Il Tamerlano) / Act 2 – Anch’il mar par che sommerga
Cecilia Bartoli – The Vivaldi Album / Il Giardino Armonico (1999)
02. The Mekons – Dickie Chalkie And Nobby
Natural (Quarter Stick, 2007)
03. Uzeda - Steam, Rain & Other Stuff
Stella (Touch and Go, 2007)
04. Blonde Redhead – Harmony
La Mia Vita Violenta (Smells Like Records, 1995)
05. J.S. Bach – BWV 803 Duetto
Vol. 6 (CD16) Organ Works XVI ()
06. Cheval de Frise – deux nappes ductiles
Cheval de Frise (Frenetic Records, 2003)
07. Antonio Vivaldi – L’Orlando Finto Pazzo / Act 3 – Qual favellar?…Anderò, volerò, griderò
Cecilia Bartoli – The Vivaldi Album / Il Giardino Armonico (1999)
note: Late spring early summer mood. This actually is an old list consisting mainly baroque pieces that I tweak and make it to more head bopping beat. (So it’s really a modern pop rhythm constructed using various styles.) I like the odd mood the list gives, sort of ultra cosmopolitan texture of an old city, say Rome. Maybe I’ll go tired of mixing post-rock with baroque soon. but right now they are infinitely amusing to me. I like the tension. So this is the first list in summer head bopping, euro oriented sound. enjoy.
And everybody. Please welcome two new MdM posters: Jungle (he is from Italy) and stclown (he is from UK)
image: La Primavera, “Allegory of Spring”, Sandro Botticelli. Galleria degli Uffizi, Florence
Images: Ana Ventura.
My thumb is embarking on a great adventure. ‘Don’t go, please,’ say the fingers. They try to hold him down. Here comes a black limousine with a velied woman in the back seat, but noone at the wheel. When it stops, she takes a pair of gold scissors out of her purse and snips the thumb off. We are off to Chicago with her using the bloody stump of my thumb to paint her lips.
- Charles Simic, excerpt from ‘The world doesn’t end’.
Giacinto Scelsi – Ave Maria
(Natura Renovatur / 2006)
Carlos Paredes – Cancão Verdes Anos
(Guitarra Portuguesa / 1989)
Tape – Moth wings
(Luminarium / 2008)
Stella Chiweshe – Kasahwa
(Ambuya? / 1975)
Larkin Grimm – the last tree
(The last tree / 2006)
Arvo Part – Berliner Messe – Agnus Dei
(Te Deum / 1993)
Paavoharju – Tuoksu Tarttu Meihin
(Laulu Laakson Kukista / 2008)
A Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra – Built then Burn
(Born into trouble as the sparks fly upward / 2001)
note: Fuck your zen garden. Get your feet in the water. Get your feet in the mud. Let’s crash all our planes in the river. Let’s build strange and radiant machines at this jericho waiting to fall.
See also: My blood is clean Pt. 1 & Pt. 2.