Ecstasis

Ecstasis is trancelike self-removal, schizoid or shamanistic. Dionysus’ amorality cuts both ways. He is god of theater, masked balls and free love- but also of anarchy, gang rape and murder.
- Sexual Personae
, Camille Paglia, 1990

• Kenton Slash DemonSun
    Sun (Tartelet, 2010)
  • Mock & ToofFarewell to Wendo
    Tuning Echoes (Tiny Sticks, 2010)
  • HousesEndless Spring
    All Night (2010)
  • SumsunCall it Home
    Samo Milagro (Leaving, 2010)
  • Crystal CastlesCelestica
    Crystal Castles (Last Gang, 2010)

Ecstasis could mean anything from ‘taking you out of yourself’ to a profound alteration of personality. I’ll be inviting disaster to join me the rest of the week. Crash and burn, in the most aggresive ways possible then start it all over again. I’m trying to fall out of love with you. Theoretically speaking, the less I feel like myself… the less I recognize my surroundings, the closer I’ll get to ecstasis.
The horses are running until they forget they are horses.

Category: Beats, Electronica

1. Jack says:

Mock & Toof gets everywhere. Great track.

2. chris says:

the first two tracks work so well together…this site never ceases to impress.

3. Alexis says:

Lovely mix this one!
    Thanks!

4. ihelo says:

so impressed as always you´ve made a great job here congrats

5. vainilla says:

Ojalá que no olviden por completo que son caballos.

6. jungle says:

It seems to me I already commented on this post… mah… this is what I missed so far: you are the best Mokita.

7. Moka says:

Thank you everyone. Glad you like it.

vainilla: Solo se olvidan que son caballos mientras estan corriendo. Tarde o temprano tienen que parar.

jungle: Yes, you did publish it. I think you might have misplaced it by mistake on squashed’s post below me. Thank you.

8. Sumsun says:

<3!!!!

<3 U MOKA. I have been reading your blog since I first heard of it and it influenced my music taste so much back in the day that I named an early electronic music project after the blog.

Glad you like the tune. I love all the other songs in this post so much. <3 the Motel for life.

THANKS

JUD/Sumsun

9. tim says:

moka- you are still the greatest. this mix is great, for a moment i indeed forgot that i was a horse.

10. Moka says:

Hey, Sumsun! Thank you so much. I got stuck in traffic listening to Samo Milagro a few days before doing this post. I stopped caring about the traffic and the stress. I’m not sure, maybe the heatwave helped, but I felt comfortably sedated. Everything started to feel so peaceful and beautiful. I stared to the plants near the road for what felt like an eternity. A natural high. Thank you for capturing that feel for me with your music.

Tim: Hi! It’s been a while since I’ve seen you around here. Was listening to Noiseworks a few months ago and it took me awhile to make the connection, I mean I thought someone else completely unrelated to you was making music under the Faux Pas moniker. It’s not that it’s drastically different from what you were making before but say in ‘entropy’ your music was closer to artists like say Four Tet or Caribou and I get a strong Kosmiche, French House feeling from Noiseworks. It’s an interesting direction. Great artwork as well.

11. You explain ‘ecstasis’ so well, and I know that feeling…this is a great mix!

12. Canidae says:

Dear Moka. Thankyou! I always adore your posts. And this one in particular hit home quite profoundly. Last time I commented on this forum was under a completely different name and with a completely different “personality”. That gorgeous final line is pretty much my mantra for this summer in Melbourne.

13. Agnes says:

It’s totally not my usual thing, but I LOVE ‘Sun’. Have been playing it non stop tonight. Thanks!

14. Sumsun says:

THANK YOU MOKA!!!!

<3 4 LIFE

I am glad you enjoy the album.

15. [...] A funky, jumpy but nicely eerie number from Copenhagen techhouse duo Kenton Slash Demon. Thumping synths, and sparse vocals make for easy listening or easy dancing. Depending on the mood! Another amazing introduction thanks to Motel de Moka. [...]