Laika y el Eclipse de Margarina

Para Laika. En la tierra hay una perra menos y en el cielo una estrella más.

StereolabCosmic Country Noir
Margerine Eclipse (2004)
SolventA panel of experts
Solvent city (Morr / 2001)
Mouse on MarsSaturday Night Worldcup Fieber
Iaora Tahiti (Too pure / 1995)
Schlammpeitzigerdiscoboingbeach
Spacerokkmountainrutschquartier (A-musik / 1997)
Eine Kleine Nacht MusikFinster
Eine Kleine Nacht Musik (Modular / 2008)

Здесь я имею Потерянные в пространстве. Живые и захоронены остатки Из собак гонки.

Category: Electronica, Pop, Rock

1. jungle says:

I’m sure this post is an assist for the mention of this video:

Trentemoeller – Moan

I’m going to listen to the tracks… many thanks in advance :)

2. Peter says:

I think the russian text is not exactly correct. I can make a proper translation from english if you wish.

3. squashed says:

I hope the russian text didn’t say anything bad about somebody’s mother. lol

4. Peter says:

Nope.

5. Moka says:

jungle: That video is genius, I was actually thinking of including the song on the playlist but I thought it didn’t fit well with the other songs. All tracks are a bit playful, sort of like I would imagine space age memorabilia, hope you liked them. By the way, check this out: http://www.flight404.com/_videos/magnetosphere/

Peter: Yes, I’m pretty positive it’s wrong :P I just used babelfish and some basic grammar correction but of course I don’t understand russian. It comes from an anonymous poem I found in a tribute to laika. the full poem should go like this:

‘Here I am Lost in space
    Dead and buried remnant Of the canine race
    Tried to make a go of it but couldn’t keep the pace
    Got the queen of spades but Kruschev got the ace.’

Godoggo: That’s wicked, I understand that’s a new monument in Moscow? I’ve only knew about the old one: http://telstarlogistics.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/04/11/laika2.jpg

Hello there sq! =D

6. ben Epifanio says:

How could you leave out Arcade Fire’s Laika?

7. Moka says:

Ben: Sorry. I wasn’t considering the tribute to be about words but about music. I didn’t include Arcade Fire’s because it didn’t fit with the whole mood in the playlist and also the lyrics are only a subtle reference about Laika.

My favorite Laika-themed song is this one by Mecano, it was a succesful pop hit from the 80′s in spanish-speaking countries:

The uploader translated the song to both french and english on the info tab if you’re curious about what she’s singing.

8. angeles says:

Me encantó el track de Eine Kleine Nacht Musik, muy dinámico y festivo, ¿se habrán inspirado en la serenata de Mozart?

saludos

9. squashed says:

angeles, you changed your email again. heh….

10. fk says:

aw
    i had a cat named Laika when i was a kid, i still think it’s a fantastic name. just a random thought.

11. mads says:

Go Laika!

12. [...] (images via: Starr Hendon, Visualrian and Motel De Moka) [...]

13. [...] Space Dog Monument – Moscow, Russia (images via: Starr Hendon, Visualrian and Motel De Moka) The Soviet Union launched Sputnik 2, carrying Laika, the first dog to orbit the Earth, on November [...]

14. [...] Space Dog Monument – Moscow, Russia (images via: Starr Hendon, Visualrian and Motel De Moka) The Soviet Union launched Sputnik 2, carrying Laika, the first dog to orbit the Earth, on November [...]