Del fuego vino el diluvio

bed

Photo: Unknown.

In the parable of evaporation, the sleeper wakes from the meat world.
In this impossible version: a seagull: the whole sky circling.
Ashes ashes drifting into the sound: soft facts into a fictional sea.

- John Isles, Impossible Garden.

1. Kurt VileBeach on the Moon
    God is Saying this to You (Mexican Summer / 2009)
  2. The High LlamasHarpers Romo
    Snowbug (V2 / 1999)
  3. Magnetic FieldsThe Dreaming Moon
    Get Lost (Merge / 1995)
  4. The Strange BoysNothing
    Nothing 7″ (Dusty Medical / 2007)
  5. Real EstateOld Folks
    Old Folks 7″ (Underwater Peoples / 2009)
  6. GirlsHellhole Ratrace
    Hellhole Ratrace 7″ (True Panther Sounds / 2008)

note: Domesticated psychedelia and tasty garage licks, been playing them to get myself out of bed but I suppose they could fit any ocassion.

I apologize for being absent, I’ve spent this time feeding off of the ashes of  long gone nights and rehabilitating my previous lifestyle. Didn’t cross my mind it would be such a stagnant activity.
I promise I’ll find the time soon to post at least twice a week without interferring with my very own trivial distractions. Until then.

Category: Rock

1. daniel says:

That Kurt Vile track is great. I’ve been seeing that name quite a bit lately but this is the first chance I had to hear him. Thanks.

- Daniel, Oakland, California

2. david says:

nice tracks!

we appreciate when you post, but understand life can keep you busy!

all the best!
    david john

3. annie says:

hi.I was searching for soundtrack of Vozvrashcheniye(the Return).I cant find anything in web for download.I am so obsess about that music. could you help me??

4. Memo says:

Keep doing what youre doing. Its the quality that matters, not the quantity.
    Nice use of that magnetic fields song! I think this playlist will end up soundtracking my drive to guadalajara tomorrow morning.

5. Andy says:

If I may ask, Moka, how did you acquire these releases from Mexican Summer? I first took note of the label back when you posted that song off of their Ariel Pink release, but I couldn’t afford to buy it at the time. Did you do the subscription thing, or something else? They claim that their releases are available for digital download, but I cannot find where this is actually taking place. I say all this because I’ve loved all the songs you’ve posted from Mexican Summer, and I would very much like to buy the rest of their records if I can figure out how to get them (and of course both the Kurt Vile and Ariel Pink records are sold out already.)

Either way, thanks for the the great songs and for introducing me to this amazing new record label.

6. t p says:

Hey Moka, been really enjoying your posts for a while now.. just thought I should go ahead and say so! I’ve been traveling around a lot recently on long train journeys, to visit loved ones, keeping up with work in a ratrace all of my own. This playlist has made the platform-waiting and blurred countryside bearable. So thanks!

7. Ticky says:

Still here, come back and check in every now and then to update and fulfil my music wants and needs. I also know that it’s a place where I can find the sort of writings I want to read, and pictures I’ve never seen before. Oh, and everything is still great!! Every single time I return.

I’m curious though, the snippets of information that are added to the blogs, writings and such, which are then refered to, e.g. The Daughters Of The Moon… how do you find this stuff?? Are you constantly reading things like this, or just stumble across it?? And also, do you build a playlist from the writing, or find the writing to fit a playlist.

Ticky.

8. Moka says:

Annie: I’ll see what I can do.

Andy: These random mp3s get sent to me by the label and I’ve also bought from them 2 Lps in the past, when I bought them they alsosent me the free download of the same album I purchased.
    I think it’d be better asking them directly about the digital downloads as I’ve no idea on how it works for digital download only and I dont see that option on their site either.

T: It always warms my heart to know we can somehow help our readers through words and music. Thank you.

Ticky: It works bothways I think, I do spend a good portion of my time reading and some other times I stumble across snippets or poems that I find interesting and I save them until I find music which can fit them.

Most of the time, tho, I tend to choose the playlist first and then find text that fits the particular mood I want but I’ve done several posts which are based around writings and not music. I think this was one of the best ones I’ve done centered around text:

Mp3 links are down, unfortunately.

9. Ticky says:

That’s cool. It always made me wonder because both music/text/picture all go so well together.
    I’ll make sure I give that playlist a listen. :)